No Australian Round up is complete without a good old Australian Stockman Challenge.
Kicking off on Friday afternoon, the Great Australian Round Up Stockman’s Challenge will consist of 5 challenges that the stockmen must compete in, to be named the Great Australian Round Up Champion Stockman.
Theses events are;
- A dry work pattern – The stockmen must show the skill, experience and level of partnership with their horse through a set pattern determined by the judges.
- A cow horse challenge – The stockmen must exhibit the skill and experience of both themselves and their equine partner as they move a beast through a set course determined by the judges
- A mounted whip cracking and obstacle course – The stockmen must display their ability to move through a set course with their horse whilst cracking a whip across a number of targets.
- Horse Shoeing Challenge – The stockmen have a set time limit to shoe a front and hind leg of a horse and will be judged on time, the quality of the shoeing job, and their horse handling skills
- The Poley Buckjump Finale – This will take place during the Great Australian Round Up Rodeo on the night of the 19th January where the best of the best Stockmen will compete in an 8 second Poley Buckjump. Unlike a regular saddlebronc ride the stockmen will ride their broncs in an Australian Poley saddle in a winner take all showdown.
Book your tickets NOW to the Great Australian Round Up Rodeo!
This event is proudly sponsored by